One of my favorite traditions is our annual re-enactment of the Nativity. We read it directly out of Luke and Matthew. There are always a few moments that are pure Carrell. (Like when Mary whips the baby doll out from under her shirt.) Here are the characters from 2010. (again- Danny used his iphone to take the pixs- sorry about the quality)
The Narrator
The Shepherd (and little lamb)
Joseph
Mary
The Donkey
The Angel
The Wee Wise Woman
The other Wise Woman
We three queens of orient are...
After we have our play and sing a few songs we always finish off the evening watching "The Nativity." It is a 5 minute long video of the nativity that it totally accurate. I always appreciate Mary more when I see her face as she walks into the stable. (And looks up at Joseph with a look that says, "You're joking...right?") And I always, always get a bit weepy when I see the wise man who is discouraged because he has been waiting for so long ... and then he looks up and sees THE STAR and his lip starts to quiver.
I am so very thankful for Jesus Christ and all he has done for me. I love to remember Him at Christmastime.








No comments:
Post a Comment