Monday, July 20, 2009

Shelby's Big Birthday Bash!


Shelby had an amazing 9th birthday! The day started at G&G Carrells in Prescott. (How can any day started with pancakes and bacon be bad?)

Later in the day- Dawn threw an INCREDIBLE party for the birthday girl. Dawn and David's new house in Paradise Valley is gorgeous and Dawn is a great party planner. (I mean look at the decorations and the flower and butterfly cookies! The cupcakes were so good too!)

As far as our family goes- a party isn't a party without a pinata and this pinata was fabuloso!

Add on lots of family, a great pool and a really fun relay race and you have the perfect party!

After the other guests left, the kids went on the ultimate pirate treasure hunt. They couldn't have had any more fun! (Plus they looked so cute as pirates and Dawn's homemade treasure chest was amazing!) Thanks for making Shelby's birthday unforgettable Dawn!

Parties aside, I am so thankful for my Shelby. I will never forget the day she was born. Nor will I forget sending her to the nursery that evening so I could sleep. She came back 15 minutes later- screaming her little head off. (This same scenario happened twice!) The wonderful thing was that I only had to hold her and talk to her for a few seconds and the crying stopped. She knew me and knew that I loved her. I knew that Heavenly Father had sent a precious little person into my life. Shelby continues to be precious to our family, she fills our days with lots of laughter, noise and enthusiasm. We love you Shelby Lee!

No comments: