So Danny and I planned to go on our weekly date tonight- just a late dinner so we could be all alone! Originally we were going to see a movie with the kids in the early afternoon- but things got uber crazy. Shelby and Claire were at gymnastics and then Kailey came home later than planned from the birthday party she was attending. So we went to plan two: Danny and I would go out for an early dinner and take the kids to the movie. Emery still wasn't feeling super- but she hadn't puked all day so we felt we could leave her with Kailey. However, because of Emery's slight clinginess (and Kailey's insistence that she was NOT going to watch the baby- we took Madison with us to eat. Danny called to get a reservation at a little italian restaurant in our village but couldn't get an answer so we decided to just drive over instead of walking. It was closed- as in out of business. We did see that a Subway sandwiches shop just opened not too far away- so we drove there. They were also closed. (I'm assuming because it is a Saturday evening?- who knows!) So Danny drove by one last spot where we had heard was another Subway- and we found it! Hurray! So we took our sandwiches to go and stopped by the little Eurospar (small grocery store in Malahide) market and got the food we need for dinner tomorrow and went home to eat our sandwiches. Mine was lovely and we saved some cash.
Our movie (Marley and Me) started at 8:20. I felt like I had plenty to do here- plus Shelby and Claire were tired and didn't want to see the movie (they knew the dog died at the end and did NOT want to see this!)- plus with Emery not feeling well... Well, Danny talked me into going. So we headed to the theatre and got the necessary popcorn and other junkfood. Some of us needed to use the toilet so we got that all taken care of before heading into our movie. As we were getting ready to walk in- Emery started to cry. We were asking her what was wrong when... she threw up. (Remember the pizza that Emery didn't get to eat last night? - she ate it for dinner tonight. Evidently, her little system still isn't prepared to digest all of the cheese and greasiness.) I had the baby's blanket and caught most of it- but Emery had some on her face, shirt and skirt. She and I went into the bathroom to clean up. As I attempted to clean her little shirt- I gave up and just put my sweater on her. When we walked out of the bathroom, Danny asked if there was anything I needed. I told him that next time he needed to listen to me. Since Emery was feeling better, we decided to just go see the movie. It didn't go as planned. Madi wasn't quite tired enough so she made some noise (usually very cute sounds- but not cute in a theatre). Claire was tired but couldn't get comfortable. She was sitting in the row behind Danny, Emery, Madi and I, so she would stand up and lean over to talk to Danny. Then Emery started to whimper. She felt yucky, so Danny held her and tried to keep her quiet. I was feeding the baby- but after she fell asleep- we switched and he held Madi and I held Em. It was better for a while- until about an hour and 50 minutes into the movie when Emery started to cry and said that she needed to throw up. I got the box of popcorn in time and she was able to launch at least part of her stomach contents into the box. Danny looked at us and said, "Enough- let's get out of here!" So they all left. I quickly wiped Emery's little face and my hands with a few baby wipes- grabbed my purse, the bundle of aforementioned soiled clothing and blanket and Emery (I didn't want to really reposition her for fear of stuff going everywhere) and left the theatre. Danny was just coming back in to get us. The worst part- is that I didn't have enough hands to take out the box of popcorn. So I left it on Emery's booster seat (I did turn the plastic booster seat over so it was more of a plastic container- to hold whatever was in the popcorn box). I wish I could apologize to all of those people who were sitting near us. Danny would like to apologize to the girl in the wheelchair that he almost knocked over in his attempt to flee the theatre and the carnage there!
On the way home, I sat in the middle row in our car between Madi's carseat and Emery's booster and held Emery. Kailey and Danny left the front windows rolled partially down as to minimize the stink. Emery and I had a nice little shower when we got home and we feel and smell much better.
But really- can your Saturday night adventure compare to ours!?
Saturday, March 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
i'm so sorry, but i am totally LAUGHING OUT LOUD!! it doesn't get much better than that...
Post a Comment