You can see our ship docked near Villefranche. (This was also a location where we were tendered in to the shore.)
We decided to take the Tour of Monaco. I remember reading my mom's Good Housekeeping magazines when I was a little girl and seeing Princess Grace on the cover. (I also remember reading about her death.)
Kailey and Shelby in the church by Princess Grace's grave (she and Prince Rainier were also married in this church).
Monaco is beautiful. We found out that lots of people live in France and work in Monaco.
Grandpa and Grandma in front of the Royal Palace where Prince Albert lives.
(If you look close- on the right is the part of the palace that is the oldest.)
Our family in front of the palace.
The Monaco Marina and the Grand Prix viewing stands (we were there a week before the Monaco Grand Prix).
The Casino Royale in Monte Carlo (James Bond anyone?)
Jake's favorite store in Monaco- the Ferrari store!
We took a little train ride that took us on a short tour of Monaco. It was really fun- but some people didn't think so.
Sad Madi and her Daddy
A much happier Madi and Shelby by the beautiful and very expensive yachts. Look at all the skyscrapers behind them.
Jake was a bit tired by the end of the tour.
So were Madi and I.
This was at the Port Terminal. they had several fun jokers and we had to take a picture with one.
Danny and I. (Did I mention that it was beautiful?)
I love these people.
By this point- the kids had had it. So I asked Jake and Kailey to show me how they really felt...
They were happy to oblige.
Shelby had to have a picture with the infant bras. (Actually life vests for kids- but must confess that we all giggled a bit.)
Emery, Claire and Grandpa on the tender- heading back to the ship (you can see it in the distance)
Madi and Dad (with more of the family in the background) one LAST glimpse of Villafranche.
Would I ever go back to the French Riviera? Absolutely.
No comments:
Post a Comment